Contest VINARIUM 2022 contest took place between 26-29 May 2022,in hybrid format (the heads of international commissions and jurors were present in Constanta, at the Black Sea Shore and the rest of the jurors online). 47 experienced jurors, from 12 countries, evaluated almost 1300 samples of wineall in the same conditions, with the same samples of 100 ml, bottled in conditions of maximum hygiene and food security, so as not to bring the slightest prelude to the wine registered in the contest.
The judging was experienced on the new model of the tasting sheet proposed byOIV and, for the first time at an international wine competition, some of the jurors were connected to an application that records the sensorineural activity during the wine tasting. It is a unique, original study, underway on different levels of tasting, carried out by the Wine Institute Vinarium in Romania.
Here is the list of winners:
Grand Gold Medal: LILAC Nectar of Transylvania, non-vintage, produced by Liliac Winery
Averesti domains have won 5 medals:
- Cuvee de Averesti Nativ E.L., Feteasca regala/ Feteasca alba, 2021 – AUR
- Diamond Junior Rose demidulce, Busuioaca de Bohotin, 2021 – AUR
- Diamond Junior Rose sec, Busuioaca de Bohotin, 2021 – AUR
- Herb, Muscat Ottonel/ Sauvignon blanc, 2021 – AUR
- BIB Rose, Aromat de Husi, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Feteasca neagra, 2021 – Argint
Caii de la Letea won 5 medals:
- Caii de la Letea Volumul I Quintessence, Feteasca neagra/ Cabernet Sauvignon/ Cabernet franc/ Merlot/ Petit Verdot, non vintage – AUR
- Caii de la Letea Volumul I Sauvignon blanc, Sauvignon blanc, 2021 – AUR
- Caii de la Letea Volumul II, Syrah/ Feteasca neagra/ Pinot noir, 2021 – AUR
- BIB 1958 Rose, Merlot/ Syrah, 2021 – AUR
- BIB Premium Sarica Rose, Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2021 – AUR
Prince Matei’s domains have won 2 medals:
- Domeniile Prince Matei Bistrot Rose, Feteasca neagra/ Merlot/ Pinot noir/ Cabernet Sauvignon, 2021 – AUR
- Domeniile Prince Matei Bistrot Rose, Busuioaca de Bohotin, 2021 – Argint
AVINCIS won 2 medals:
- AVINCIS, Negru de Dragasani, 2018 – AUR
- Cramposie Selectionata 2021 – Argint
Mennini Winery won 3 medals:
- Le Reve, Sauvignon blanc, 2021 – AUR
- Le Reve, Negru de Dragasani, 2018 – AUR
- Moments, Sauvignon blanc, 2021 – AUR
The full list of medals is available here: VINARIUM Results 2022.: VINARIUM Results 2022.
VINARIUM International Wine Contest is organized by ASER Consulting & Management, under the patronage of OIV (International Organization of Vine and Wine) and VINOFED (International Federation of Great Wine Competitions).